Saturday, August 1, 2009

Can You have fun when the temperature is 104 degrees out?

Last Sunday I was sitting in "Volunteer Central", a room where people who serve at Church congregate prior to the service, when the air conditioner went out. There was immediate complaining and suffering as the temperature rose. I chuckled to myself as I forsaw the coming party at our house outside where the temperature would be much hotter, and many of the same people would be there. I wondered if the heat would destroy our get together. I got my answer yesterday.

Bj and her help before the party started.

Our worship lead musician and his lovely pregnant wife.

Some of the over 50 that attended.

People in line to get their great food prepared by Bj.

The biggest party favorite - the lemonade pitcher

New student intern Emilee and Jake's wife and son

Pastor Jake congratulating the group.

The party turned out to be a stunning success. In fact people hung around in the severe heat to network with each other. Bj and I are so lucky to be in such a life changing experience.

I am working up the courage to blog about the state of things in our country. The blogs will not be very positive, but I have to relieve myself of a very heavy heart.





No comments: