Saturday, August 8, 2009

I can't hold it in any longer.

I have to let it out! I have been holding it in way to long. I hoped I was wrong but I am not. The events that made our country great have eroded to the point where our freedoms are seriously in danger.

Just a very short list of so many of things I could relate but don't have the time or desire.

  • Yesterday in typical fashion, (these announcements always occur late Friday afternoon) U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner formally requested that Congress raise the $12.1 trillion statutory debt limit, saying that it could be breached as early as mid-October. No big deal, it will be old news by next Monday. The way this administration is spending money, taking over the auto industry, the banking system, FNMA/FMAC, and soon to be healthcare, and giving no help to the small businessman, our national debt problems are just beginning.
  • President Obama continues to up the number of Town Hall meetings that he does in an effort to push his healthcare package through. We must pass this as quickly as possible for two reasons: (1) If we have time, people will figure out how bad the proposed healthcare package really is (2) With each passing day and town hall meeting, the president's popularity is dropping like a rock because he is not consistent with his message. (That's the nice what of saying he speaks out of both sides of his mouth.)
  • Congress is in recess, real recess. They are not holding town hall meetings because of the huge outcry from their constituents which of course the press is billing as republican radicals. Here is a short clip from a typical town hall meeting.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix18YPmsxqw. Where is all of the transparancy we were promised during the campaign so proposed legislation could be scrutinized.
  • The Dow fell to about 6500 earlier this year. It has recovered to about 9200. How many jobs were created during that time? None. Our system is on borrowed time folks, borrowed time.
  • Liberals will argue that everything is going to be all right, just give it time to escape all of the horrible things that George Bush did. Time will provide the answer. I am predicting that the powers to be will only be able to stop the inevitable for so long. Interest rates will eventually rise dramatically, the stock market will drop, the dollar will be worth next to nothing because we are printing money faster than a speeding bullet, and the commodities (gold, silver, oil etc) will be the only thing worth owning. Yes the crisis started with George Bush but with each passing day, the problems become the current administration's crisis.

These are just miscellaneous rants that currently come to mind. But I will periodically have to do this so my blood pressure hopefully will drop, at least temporarily. The good news is Barack Obama is not in charge of my life, there is a much higher power that is. The following helps make me laugh... This says it all!

No comments: