Since the last half of 2008, our politicians have been seriously screwing with what has made this nation the greatest in the world. I believe to my very core that the conservative values that this nation was founded on are in serious jeopardy. I have been suffering with every massive bail out, pathetic proposed and approved expenditure that my children and grandchildren will have to pay for as this nation gets dangerously close to socialism. But that is not what this blog is about.
This Sunday at Church God woke me up. He said, "Roger, what are you doing? You shouldn't be fearing what is happening in the world. You should be fearing my approval in the way that you lead your life, more for who you are - than what you do." At that moment I realized that I have not been spending the time or the energy praising and worshipping my Lord and Savior.
Dear God - Thank you for the wake up call. I pray for this nation-yes-but realize that you are in control and what happens is in your master plan. More importantly I pray for my family. Please dear God - I pray for those who have not yet found you - open their hearts to your redeeming grace. For those who have including me - strengthen our relationship with you. May it be the most important thing in our lives. In your name we pray...Amen.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Dad! Glad you posted! I look forward to more postings! Pictures are good too! Hope you are having a fantastic weekend!
Post a Comment