Sunday, August 3, 2008

Back to the Blog

Well it has been two weeks since I published this blog. I wrote a piece about the book of Revelation which I am studying but found it to be too deep for me to even understand in rereading it. So I am back to square one. Some significant things that have happened since I last published - I went and had breathing tests by my pulmonary doctor and good news. They were better than they were two years ago. With the death of Bernie Mac - it has brought out much about my disease "sarcoidosis" and what it is all about. The condition started when I was living in the Seattle area and has obviously not gotten any worse here in Las Vegas. Do you think the master plan was for me to come here and by the grace of God I am still alive? I do not believe I have finished all that he wants me to do before I go join him for all eternity.

Church today was all about what "Church" is. Nothing to do with a building or events that go on - but about people - people in God's community. They are so intertwined in my life.

Last night was the "Showdown at Saddleback". The format was outstanding because it eliminated all of the jabs that the candidates throw at each other. If you did not see it - Rick Warren asked each candidate the same questions, without the other candidate hearing what each other had said. It really pointed out the vast differences between each of them but highlighted their strengths. There should be more formats like that to make the decision easier for those who are on the fence.

Last night was my high school class reunion. I felt bad I could not be there but worse because I was not able to visit my family who I miss terribly....

No comments: